How Brainstorming Right Keywords Can Make Your App Successful
- Jul 24, 2017
- By admin
- In Guest Posts
- Share on
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of optimizing your app to gain top ranking in the app store or play store. Just like in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), in ASO, the right keywords play an important role in order to achieve top ranking for your app. Basically, keywords have the ability to make miracles, if you can find the most appropriate keywords for your app & search behaviors of your target audience.
In app marketing, finding primary keywords is as important as finding the right target audience. You should comprehend all aspects that the user will search for to find your app. In this blog, I have considered some effective ways to go about this. It helps you in improving the search ranking of your app in the play store and the iOS store. You can also increase download ratio of your app using the most targeted keywords.
How to Select the Most Targeted Keywords for Your App
To find most targeted keywords, you need to consider several aspects such as end-users mind, competitor’s app review, Google’s instant search and much more. List all keywords that you think in your mind by focusing its functionality, purpose, relevancy and global trends. Keyword relevancy, popularity and ranking are important factors to consider while opting targeted keywords. Selecting app relevant keywords help in enhancing quality downloads. Google AdWords Keyword Planner helps to judge the competition level and traffic of keywords. Selecting highly competitive keywords are useless to target.
Note down all keywords in the paper by considering your user’s mind. Think as a user that which words you will use to find an app such like yours and in which category you will find it. You can take opinion of all your team members to find such words. Then, shortlist the most effective keywords from the list.
With efficient brainstorming process, also keep an eye on your competitor’s keywords. Find your major competitor’s app and try to find keywords from it. You can also note down keywords of the most successful app having similar features and functionality as you are going to introduce in your app. Make the separate keywords list from it.
Using Google Keyword Planner to Find Right Keywords for Your App
Google Adwords Keyword Planner is an effective tool to find targeted keywords. If you are looking for the most relevant keywords for your niche, you need to open an account of Google Adwords to use this tool. You don’t need to pay anything for using this tool.
- This freely available tool can easily use to start your search for the best keywords. With its “Ad group ideas” and “keyword ideas”, you can list out your prospective keywords. You just need to specify your target keyword as well as add filters such as country, category, etc.
- It also helps you in finding keywords having low competition, but good traffic. Its broad search, Phrase search and Exact search help to identify keyword traffic.
- You can make country specific, language specific and target device based search using its advanced option and filter.
Moreover, you can also use the Google instant search, in which you will find a list of keywords as soon as you start typing your keywords. You can choose some keywords from it and perform a better search using Google Suggestion Tool.
Know the Basic Rules of App Stores Before You Decide Primary Keywords for Your App
Even though fundamental rules are same for the app store and the play store, you should know the difference between these platforms helpful for you to decide the most targeted keywords.
For iOS Apps
- App title with the right keywords
- Ensure to have five best reviews
- Review your keywords as and when you update your app
- For your in-app purchase, select a meaningful app name that leverage effective keywords relevant to your target markets
For Android Apps
- Description is the prime focus for optimization using keywords
- Keep 25 characters limit to choose your app name
- Use right keywords 3-5 times in app description
- Google Plus integration gives advantage
Avoid Most Common Mistakes
Following are some common mistakes many developers make that you should avoid:
- Use of words such as ‘category’ or ‘app’ in app name or keywords
- Use of irrelevant keywords
- Use of highly competitive keywords
- Use of similar keywords in title and keywords
- Use of existing brands or app name that may cause copyright problem
- Using prohibited or offensive keywords
Moreover, also consider, don’t use free in your keyword as for free apps, it automatically includes word free, so it’s unnecessary to waste your keyword.
Localizing Your Targeted Keywords
For apps supporting multiple languages require submitting relevant keywords that cover all supporting languages.
The app store enables to use localized Meta Data for iOS app. Localizing app keywords benefits you to get a good position in the app store search listing in countries using languages other than English. The LocalizeDirect is a free app helps you to track the number of characters that allows and also translate your selected keywords into most of the popular languages easily.
Comprehend search behavior of your target audience is one of the most effective ways to find right keywords for your app. Efficient brainstorming leads you to make your search effective with the help of popularly used keyword tools. In order to make app search optimization successful, you should know all essential search aspects and app stores rules and regulations.
About the author: Mehul Rajput is a CEO and Co-founder of Mindinventory, a leading mobile app development company specialized in android and iOS app development. He does blogging as hobby and love to write on mobile technologies, app development and mobile app marketing.