So, how much does it cost to build a mobile app (iOS or Android)? – Some authoritative answers!
So, this is not the first time someone is asking this question. I’m sure this isn’t the last time someone’s attempting to answer it.
Let’s spill some beans here:
– To give an estimate for a mobile app, without asking you any question is an act of deceit.
– To be giving a single absolute number as an estimate, is being
disingenuous a moron of epic proportions
– To cross legs and behave like an expert while telling that a sleek mobile app would cost $200,000, deserves capital punishment.
These being said, you still need an answer.
So let’s get away the wrong questions first:
1. How much does it cost to develop an iOS app? – No this is as bad as asking how much would it cost to build a house. Any answer within limits of ridiculousness is a right answer!
2. How much does it cost to develop an Android app? It has to be cheaper than an iOS app right? – Again, read the answer above
The only right question to ask is – How much do developers charge per hour for iOS or Android app development (if the said developer is considered elite / good / average in a general sense of those words and if they are based in USA, South America, Asia, W.Europe, Russia, Far East or Shangri La)
Well, we attempted to find the answer. It’s not 42.
We spoke to over 130 app development studios across the world and we spoke to a broad section of developers who rank from the best in the business to the ..hmm..kinda okay category.
So with that, we wrote the first ever authoritative report “The Makers Speak 2014” on the app developer rates across various parts of the world. This is just one part of the equation. The other part is about you. It’s about what you want to get built and at what level of sophistication.